The Wyandotte Police Department has been housed in several locations over the years, however there are no records to the location of the City Jail prior to 1881. In 1881 the Wyandotte Police Department was located on the southwest corner of Biddle and Elm in City Hall.
In 1918 the Wyandotte Police Department moved into the building of J.H. Bishop Company on Van Alstyne and Chestnut.
In 1921 the Police Department moved to the southeast corner of Biddle and Pine the old Detroit Shipbuilding Company.
In 1959 the Wyandotte Police Department moved to its present location, a 17,000 sq. ft. structure at the southeast corner of Biddle and Ford. The buidling also serves as the location of the 27th District Court. Growth caused building additions in 1980, and again in 1990.
Police and court officials from throughout Downriver were among those who attended an Oct. 13 ribbon-cutting ceremony at Wyandotte’s new police/court building.
On October 21, 2008 the Wyandotte Police Department moved into their new 44,000 sq. ft. home along with the 27th District Court located at 2015 Biddle Avenue.